Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kindness of Strangers... and aquaintances... and friends... and family

A week and a half of living in Hotels. Still no job nibbles. Oh well.

I really want to write today about the kindness of friends, families, acquaintances, and strangers. Last night people from my old ward (I guess being homeless right now I do not have a ward) loaded a moving truck with all of Kiki's, Hank's, the baby's, and PJ's (that's me) stuff. We were not there. Some in the ward are family: the Castillos, the Herricks, my mom. Some in the ward I would consider friends. Most in the ward are either acquaintances or strangers. Thy were willing to drop everything in their lives, pick up a moving truck, load it, for my family. I emphasize, my wife and I were not even there.

That is awesome. I would like to believe I would do the same. But who knows. I did once help set up the chapel for a complete stranger's wedding/reception, but that is easy.

Did I mention Kiki's parents are flying from Minnesota to California to drive our stuff to Texas? There is a lot of messed up stuff in the world, but there is also a lot of really good stuff.

Speaking about stuff, when our stuff gets here I hope we have a place to put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment