Monday, September 7, 2009

The Leap... Not Quite Landed Yet

There is a lot to write.

Last Monday Kiki, Hank, the baby, and I began the huge leap. We stopped in Arizona to visit Kiki's cousin. While we were in Arizona our dipstick holder fell off the car... again. It made our car start to smoke and act funny. We took it to the Wall -Mart Super Center automotive guy glued it back on but advised to go to a mechanic and get a sealant put on it before continuing our trip. He charged us absolutely nothing. That was nice of him we thought and we blatantly disregarded his advice and we drove on. We stopped in Tucson to eat at a Waffle House. Fantastic waffles by the way. Hank enjoyed running around like a crazy banshee and the servers were very nice... although there is a good chance the cook was a former gang banger. We stayed in a hotel in Deming NM. (On a side note we both liked using Deming as a swear word.)

Tuesday morning we took the car to a mechanic in Deming to check out the dipstick holderthingy. He also did his work for free. So we were off and finally made it to Texas. We arrived to the wrong hotel in Austin late. So we had to go to another the right one and we finally got inside at about one in the morning.

Every move we have made to get a job has not worked so far. Both Round Rock ISD and Austin ISD are not hiring subs. Pflugerville ISD and Leander ISD have not responded to my application yet. I did get a email from Sherman ISD (which no longer would be in the Austin area) asking me to send them my transcripts. I thought it was a little weird because they had interviewed me a long time ago and sent me a rejection letter and everything. A fake cousin (by fake cousin I mean he is not really my cousin) gave me a discouraging letter about the teaching job market in Austin.

About my degree, I am a college graduate. I graduated with a 3.77. I believe I got 100% in my final class (of course in an earlier class I received over 100% but whatever).

This leap into the dark has not produced the results I was hoping for; however, I know it was the right thing to do. I know the Lord has a plan. It would be nice to have all the info and blessings now, but how fun would that be. It would be less miraculous.

2 comments:

  1. Matthew, we don't think of you as our "fake" nephew but consider you a real one, and our kids have always considered you their cousin. Good luck in finding a teaching job soon. If we can do anything to help, let us know. Aunt Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. If saying fake cousin offended you I am sorry too. I call Spencer my fake brother too. (I guess I was never close enough to the rest of Elaine's kids to call them fake sisters). Thanks again for reassuring me that I do have family here.

    ReplyDelete