Friday, September 25, 2009

Proof That I Did Something Right


This morning I was sitting in my recliner when Hank, two and one half, came strolling down the stairs with his blue bat, a tee ball, and a baseball glove. the kid had just woken up and he wanted to play baseball (sometimes pronounced aseball by the kid). Few things warm the heart more than the boy wanting to play ball.
After playing for a good twenty minutes I asked him if he was hungry and wanted breakfast. He screamed "No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I play baseball." The kid has his priority straight. Food can wait, lets play baseball. I have a picture of me in diapers, and nothing else, and a baseball glove and ball. That is the way youth should be.
Also, I took the time to practice saying "No thank you." Then I threw the ball at his bat again. I must be a good parent: my boy loves baseball.
Just in case anybody was wondering the people in thepicture are not Hank and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment